PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

simplehuman Sensor Soap Pump - Review

The thing that always irks me with hand-washing is that you have to touch the faucet and soap dispenser with your dirty hands. Of course those surfaces become contaminated in the process, but there's really no way around it. You've got to get the hot water running and the soap lathered to kill those germs. This is especially bothersome to me when I'm in the kitchen handling raw meat and eggs. Ever since I first learned about Salmonella, the very thought of that microscopic bacteria lurking on my kitchen counters gives me the heebie jeebies.

I can get away without touching my kitchen faucet. Because of the type of handle it has, I'm able to use my forearm to turn it on. But the soap dispenser is another story; I usually end up bringing it into the sink with me after I've washed my hands under scalding hot water, and then I wipe down the faucet and sink area. I finish off by washing my hands again *just in case*. Afterward, I still feel as though I didn't properly disinfect and I worry.

So now that you have a little insight into my neurosis, I have a fantastic solution to share. The simplehuman company makes this sensor soap pump. It works just like the ones you've seen in public restrooms, but it's beautifully and thoughtfully designed for the home. The unit works on 4 AA batteries and will dispense liquid soap or hand lotion. Of course I'm using it by my kitchen sink and I used it today when preparing chicken for dinner. I was thrilled not to have to perform my normal obsessive compulsive routine!

The sensor soap pump has an 8 ounce capacity and has four volume settings depending on how much or how little soap you prefer to use. I'm so happy to have this in my kitchen. It's one of those tools that is a small part of your everyday routine but makes a truly big difference.

Want one of these for your kitchen? BUY IT! The simplehuman sensor soap pump sells for $29.99 and is sold online and at many major retailers.

No compensation was received for this review. The sponsor sent me the product sample, and I offered my honest opinion

0 fabulous remarks!:

Post a Comment

Affiliates

Special Events

z

Blog Roll

Mama Must Have It
Baby Shower Event @ Raising My 5 Sons
Girls' Lunch Out
Jolly Mom
Photobucket

Topics

about (1) accessories (11) advertising (1) art (1) articles (8) baby (3) baby gear (5) backtoschool (4) bags (3) baking (2) baseball (1) basil (1) bath products (1) beach (1) beauty (6) birthday parties (1) blogger events (6) blogging (2) blogher (1) books (9) budget-friendly (1) business (1) cards (1) casserole (1) casual dining (2) celebrities (1) children's books (4) children's shoes (1) cleaning (4) clothing (15) coffee (5) concerts and events (1) confections (1) cooking (8) coupons (21) crafts (1) cranberry (1) decorating (2) diapering (2) dining (1) dogs (1) dolls (2) dvd (3) ecofriendly (5) electronics (1) entertainment (26) events (1) fairtrade (1) fallforfashion (14) family fun (1) family-friendly (2) fashion (2) flowers (1) food (23) food labeling (1) for kids (1) freebies (17) fun places for kids (1) furniture (2) gadgets (1) games (1) gardening (3) gear (1) GGMholidayguide (7) gifts (14) girls (1) giveaways (25) goat (1) grilling (1) grooming (1) guest bloggers (5) halloween (2) health (7) healthy (4) home movies (1) household (5) how-to (1) hygiene (1) jeans (2) jewelry (1) kids (4) kids apparel (3) kids gifts (1) kids music (2) kids shoes (4) kitchen (7) laundry (4) Lost (11) low-fat (4) make your own (1) martha stewart (1) maternity (2) mens clothing (1) models (1) music (4) music class (1) nate berkus (1) natural (2) new jersey (1) newspapers (1) nursery (1) office supplies (1) parenting (1) party planning (1) pennsylvania (2) personalized (3) Pets (2) Philadelphia (2) photobooks (1) plastic surgery (1) play places (1) PR (1) pregnant or fat? (1) press events (2) printing (2) pumpkins (1) ragu (1) Ramblings (47) recall (1) recipe (5) reviews (382) Rules (1) shoes (4) Skincare (4) snacks (4) software (1) spiritual (1) Sponsored (20) sports (1) stocking stuffers (1) summer (2) Summer Essentials (24) sushi (1) sweet breads (1) swimwear (1) Tassimo (1) technology (1) theme parks (2) toddler (25) toddler eating (2) toys (12) travel (1) traveling with children (2) undergarments (1) unilever (1) V-Day (1) video-editing (1) vitamins (1) w/w (22) water (1) weeds (2) Winners (10) WinningStyle (13) women (1) women's accessories (1) women's gifts (1) womens clothing (4) wordless wednesday (8) wordpress (1) yo gabba gabba (1) zoo (2)

Search This Blog

 
Blog Design by April Showers