You may have plans to see Sex and the City 2 tomorrow when the movie opens at theatres. If the music is any indication, the film is going to be great! The soundtrack is a compilation of tunes perfect for dancing along to with your girlfriends. My favorites are the revamped Blondie tune “Rapture” by Alicia Keys and the new platinum song “Can’t Touch It” by Cee Lo, the song you’ve heard in the commercials for the movie. It’s so much fun! You can’t help but smile when you hear these songs.
Music greats like Liza Minnelli and Cyndi Lauper are combined with with music from new female artists including a track by our favorite foursome who sing Helen Reddy’s “I Am Woman” karaoke-style in the movie. It wouldn’t be a party without the boys mixed in somewhere, and there are quite a few male-dominated songs, including a few by the Sex and the City Mens Choir.
1. Alicia Keys “Rapture”
2. Dido “Everything to Lose”
3. Cee Lo “Language of Love”
4. Erykah Badu “Window Seat”
5. Natacha Atlas “Kidda”
6. Michael McGregor “Euphrates Dream”
7. Liza Minnelli “Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)”
8. Ricki-Lee "Can't Touch It"
9. Alicia Keys "Emire State of Mind (Part II) Broken Down"
10. Jennifer Hudson and Leona Lewis "Love Is Your Color"
11. Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis, Cynthia Nixon “I Am Woman”
12. Sex and the City Men’s Choir “If Ever I Would Leave You”
13. Sex and the City Men’s Choir “Sunrise, Sunset”
14. Sex and the City Men’s Choir “Till There Was You”
15. Shayna Steele, Jordan Ballard, Kamilah Marshall “Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered”
16. Liza Minnelli with Billy Stritch “Ev’ry Time We Say Goodbye”
17. Cyndi Lauper “True Colors”
18. Aaron Zigman “Divas and Dunes”
Are you a big fan of the Sex and the City series? Who isn’t? Well, you have a shot at receiving a personal phone call from Sarah Jessica Parker. Everyone who enters will receive a message when the film opens tomorrow.
You won’t be disappointed with the Sex and the City 2: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack. It is selling for only 11.99 at Amazon. Really a bargain!
No compensation was received for this post, but I did receive the product discussed in order to facilitate my review. All of the opinions above are 100% my own.