PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Exergen Temporal Artery Thermometer™ (Review)

It seems like every time I turn around, my daughter is sick.  The past few months have been challenging, and I've been less that pleased with all of the thermometers I've gone through.  Sitting still is not one of my toddler's strong points, so I had been using what I thought was the quickest method, the rectal thermometers.   After using a few different 5-second models, I found they don’t work as quickly as advertised.   Needless to say, the temperature-taking is not a pleasant experience for my toddler.  But I thought rectal readings were the most accurate.

Imagine my surprise when I went to the Doctor for a sick visit and the nurse used a temporal thermometer to take my temperature!  I hadn't known that these devices were commonly used in doctors offices and hospitals, and the nurse assured me that they work best overall.

Exergen Temporal Artery Thermometer MODEL# 2000CThe patented Exergen Temporal Artery Thermometer™ is a completely non-invasive method of taking a person's temperature.  It takes a scan of the temporal artery, which is conveniently located just under the skin on our foreheads.  It's the easiest and most accurate way to read one's temperature.  Even more precise than an underarm or rectal reading! And it truly only takes seconds.

It's one less thing to stress over when you or your child are ill.  I hate having to invade my daughter's personal space with a thermometer when she's not feeling well, and I’m very happy to have this wonderful scanner on hand.  I’m prepared for the worst.

No compensation was received for this post, but I did receive the product discussed free of charge in order to facilitate my review.  All of the opinions above are 100% my own.

2 comments:

  1. I got one of these thermometers when my son was born and it has been AMAZING! It makes it so easy to take their temperature, especially when it's hard to get them to sit still. It's also great because you don't have to worry about cleaning it constantly or finding the right covers for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a similar one and I really do like it!

    ReplyDelete

Affiliates

Special Events

z

Blog Roll

Mama Must Have It
Baby Shower Event @ Raising My 5 Sons
Girls' Lunch Out
Jolly Mom
Photobucket

Topics

about (1) accessories (11) advertising (1) art (1) articles (8) baby (3) baby gear (5) backtoschool (4) bags (3) baking (2) baseball (1) basil (1) bath products (1) beach (1) beauty (6) birthday parties (1) blogger events (6) blogging (2) blogher (1) books (9) budget-friendly (1) business (1) cards (1) casserole (1) casual dining (2) celebrities (1) children's books (4) children's shoes (1) cleaning (4) clothing (15) coffee (5) concerts and events (1) confections (1) cooking (8) coupons (21) crafts (1) cranberry (1) decorating (2) diapering (2) dining (1) dogs (1) dolls (2) dvd (3) ecofriendly (5) electronics (1) entertainment (26) events (1) fairtrade (1) fallforfashion (14) family fun (1) family-friendly (2) fashion (2) flowers (1) food (23) food labeling (1) for kids (1) freebies (17) fun places for kids (1) furniture (2) gadgets (1) games (1) gardening (3) gear (1) GGMholidayguide (7) gifts (14) girls (1) giveaways (25) goat (1) grilling (1) grooming (1) guest bloggers (5) halloween (2) health (7) healthy (4) home movies (1) household (5) how-to (1) hygiene (1) jeans (2) jewelry (1) kids (4) kids apparel (3) kids gifts (1) kids music (2) kids shoes (4) kitchen (7) laundry (4) Lost (11) low-fat (4) make your own (1) martha stewart (1) maternity (2) mens clothing (1) models (1) music (4) music class (1) nate berkus (1) natural (2) new jersey (1) newspapers (1) nursery (1) office supplies (1) parenting (1) party planning (1) pennsylvania (2) personalized (3) Pets (2) Philadelphia (2) photobooks (1) plastic surgery (1) play places (1) PR (1) pregnant or fat? (1) press events (2) printing (2) pumpkins (1) ragu (1) Ramblings (47) recall (1) recipe (5) reviews (382) Rules (1) shoes (4) Skincare (4) snacks (4) software (1) spiritual (1) Sponsored (20) sports (1) stocking stuffers (1) summer (2) Summer Essentials (24) sushi (1) sweet breads (1) swimwear (1) Tassimo (1) technology (1) theme parks (2) toddler (25) toddler eating (2) toys (12) travel (1) traveling with children (2) undergarments (1) unilever (1) V-Day (1) video-editing (1) vitamins (1) w/w (22) water (1) weeds (2) Winners (10) WinningStyle (13) women (1) women's accessories (1) women's gifts (1) womens clothing (4) wordless wednesday (8) wordpress (1) yo gabba gabba (1) zoo (2)

Search This Blog

 
Blog Design by April Showers