PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, July 5, 2010

Kuhn Rikon Cookie & Cupcake Decorating Set (Review)

logo_full A local farm/bakery near our home holds special events for children to decorate their own cookie.  It’s a fun idea and a great activity to get the kids involved in, especially when they have so much time on their hands!  The place charges somewhere around $8.00 per cookie, and if you have more than one child to keep occupied, the cost for such an event can really add up!  Plus, wouldn’t you want to do something like this at home?  You can with the Cookie & Cupcake Decorating Set from Kuhn Rikon. 

product_glam_348_1In the package, you get:
2 Tall Decorating Bottles
3 Short Decorating Bottles
5 Steel Decorating Tips
1 Frosting Spatula
Price: $24.00

This is one of those activities that I’m looking forward to doing with my daughter when she’s old enough.  Everyone likes to tap into their creative side, and the best thing about decorating sweet treats is that you get to eat them when you’ve finished your masterpieces.  In honor of the Fourth of July holiday, I decided to make cupcakes with a red, white and blue theme. 

DSC00214Once my carrot-cake cupcakes were baked and cooled, I got to the fun (and most delicious) part: The icing.  Unfortunately, I was all out of food coloring, but I did manage to find red sugar sprinkles and blue and white candy stars in my baking cabinet.  The cream cheese icing was white, so I had all of my colors.  The decorating tubes are very helpful to have, especially if you’re working with colored icing.

I had a lot of fun with my project.  First, I lightly iced the cupcakes, just enough so that the red sprinkles would stick.  After I drizzled the red sprinkles onto each cupcake, I started playing with the icing using the decorating bottles and tips.  Lastly, I added the candy stars.

patcakes What do you think?  Not bad, right?  Not that good, either!  But what matters is that I had a lot of fun creating.  And no matter how bad they look, they still taste great! Hopefully, with some practice, I’ll become a pro! 

The set is great not only for decorating cupcakes and cookies, but also for creating fancy desserts.

No compensation was received for this post, but I did receive the product discussed free of charge in order to facilitate my review.  All of the opinions above are 100% my own.

3 comments:

  1. How fun! My girls would love to use that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy!
    How fun! My boys love helping me bake and I love watching them try to decorate cakes and cookies. It's so messy, but fun! The messiest things are always the most fun though, right? :)

    ReplyDelete

Affiliates

Special Events

z

Blog Roll

Mama Must Have It
Baby Shower Event @ Raising My 5 Sons
Girls' Lunch Out
Jolly Mom
Photobucket

Topics

about (1) accessories (11) advertising (1) art (1) articles (8) baby (3) baby gear (5) backtoschool (4) bags (3) baking (2) baseball (1) basil (1) bath products (1) beach (1) beauty (6) birthday parties (1) blogger events (6) blogging (2) blogher (1) books (9) budget-friendly (1) business (1) cards (1) casserole (1) casual dining (2) celebrities (1) children's books (4) children's shoes (1) cleaning (4) clothing (15) coffee (5) concerts and events (1) confections (1) cooking (8) coupons (21) crafts (1) cranberry (1) decorating (2) diapering (2) dining (1) dogs (1) dolls (2) dvd (3) ecofriendly (5) electronics (1) entertainment (26) events (1) fairtrade (1) fallforfashion (14) family fun (1) family-friendly (2) fashion (2) flowers (1) food (23) food labeling (1) for kids (1) freebies (17) fun places for kids (1) furniture (2) gadgets (1) games (1) gardening (3) gear (1) GGMholidayguide (7) gifts (14) girls (1) giveaways (25) goat (1) grilling (1) grooming (1) guest bloggers (5) halloween (2) health (7) healthy (4) home movies (1) household (5) how-to (1) hygiene (1) jeans (2) jewelry (1) kids (4) kids apparel (3) kids gifts (1) kids music (2) kids shoes (4) kitchen (7) laundry (4) Lost (11) low-fat (4) make your own (1) martha stewart (1) maternity (2) mens clothing (1) models (1) music (4) music class (1) nate berkus (1) natural (2) new jersey (1) newspapers (1) nursery (1) office supplies (1) parenting (1) party planning (1) pennsylvania (2) personalized (3) Pets (2) Philadelphia (2) photobooks (1) plastic surgery (1) play places (1) PR (1) pregnant or fat? (1) press events (2) printing (2) pumpkins (1) ragu (1) Ramblings (47) recall (1) recipe (5) reviews (382) Rules (1) shoes (4) Skincare (4) snacks (4) software (1) spiritual (1) Sponsored (20) sports (1) stocking stuffers (1) summer (2) Summer Essentials (24) sushi (1) sweet breads (1) swimwear (1) Tassimo (1) technology (1) theme parks (2) toddler (25) toddler eating (2) toys (12) travel (1) traveling with children (2) undergarments (1) unilever (1) V-Day (1) video-editing (1) vitamins (1) w/w (22) water (1) weeds (2) Winners (10) WinningStyle (13) women (1) women's accessories (1) women's gifts (1) womens clothing (4) wordless wednesday (8) wordpress (1) yo gabba gabba (1) zoo (2)

Search This Blog

 
Blog Design by April Showers