PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Annemarie Börlind Natural Beauty - Review

amb I’m not the most responsible person when it comes to caring for my skin.  I spend entire days in the sun sans-suncreen and I don’t religiously wash and moisturize my face before turning in for the night.  As I get older, I am noticing the effects of my carelessness in the form of wrinkles, age spots and clogged pores. 

Annemarie Börlind natural beauty products include skincare and makeup lines for women and men too.  The company was founded more than 50 years ago and offers botanically-based products.  Plant extracts are completely organic and top-quality--only first press extracts are used in the company’s products.

nature The one skincare ritual I do keep up with daily is moisturizing my face.  When I learned about the Naturesome Nature Effect Fluid could be used both as a daily facial moisturizer or as a special treatment when combined with cold cream, I was intrigued.  The key ingredients in this product are criste marine, immortelle, and white tea.  I’m only familiar with that last one, but that doesn’t really matter, because I loved the way it felt on my skin.  I liked the nice light scent.  Not so strong that it gives you a headache, but enough to smell pretty and natural.  The mosturizer absorbed into my skin without any greasy feeling.  Personally, I am not a big fan of the greasy aftereffects of some moisturizers, so I thought that this Annemarie Börlind product was pretty great.

firm I mentioned one of my skin problems, enlarged pores.  The Facial Firming Gel is said to help with that.  It tightens and treats large pores, improves slack tissue and reduces enlarged capillaries.  It has been proved to work through dermatological tests.  Its key ingredients baobab, celandine, white agaric, lactic acid, horsetail and witch hazel work their magic.  I haven’t seen any visible improvements yet, but I haven’t used it for more than a few days.  The gel goes on nice and light.  When I think of gel, I think of something the consistency of thick hair gel, but this is nothing like that.  This is much thinner and also absorbs nicely into the skin.  Its scent is derived from nature, no doubt. 060

Why would you ever want to absorb harsh chemicals into your skin?  People forget that what you put onto your skin gets absorbed into your blood stream.  So you are not only what you eat, you are what you put onto your skin!

The prices are a bit higher than what I’m used to spending on beauty care.  The Naturesome Nature Effect Fluid is $86.99 and the Facial Firming Gel is $49.99.  But if these products do anything to help with my enlarged pores (I’ll be sure to update you as I use them), they’ll be worth every last penny!

No compensation was received for this feature.  I received the products discussed in order to facilitate my candid review.

1 comment:

  1. You make a good point about realizing what we put on our skin is absorbed into the bloodstream!

    ReplyDelete

Affiliates

Special Events

z

Blog Roll

Mama Must Have It
Baby Shower Event @ Raising My 5 Sons
Girls' Lunch Out
Jolly Mom
Photobucket

Topics

about (1) accessories (11) advertising (1) art (1) articles (8) baby (3) baby gear (5) backtoschool (4) bags (3) baking (2) baseball (1) basil (1) bath products (1) beach (1) beauty (6) birthday parties (1) blogger events (6) blogging (2) blogher (1) books (9) budget-friendly (1) business (1) cards (1) casserole (1) casual dining (2) celebrities (1) children's books (4) children's shoes (1) cleaning (4) clothing (15) coffee (5) concerts and events (1) confections (1) cooking (8) coupons (21) crafts (1) cranberry (1) decorating (2) diapering (2) dining (1) dogs (1) dolls (2) dvd (3) ecofriendly (5) electronics (1) entertainment (26) events (1) fairtrade (1) fallforfashion (14) family fun (1) family-friendly (2) fashion (2) flowers (1) food (23) food labeling (1) for kids (1) freebies (17) fun places for kids (1) furniture (2) gadgets (1) games (1) gardening (3) gear (1) GGMholidayguide (7) gifts (14) girls (1) giveaways (25) goat (1) grilling (1) grooming (1) guest bloggers (5) halloween (2) health (7) healthy (4) home movies (1) household (5) how-to (1) hygiene (1) jeans (2) jewelry (1) kids (4) kids apparel (3) kids gifts (1) kids music (2) kids shoes (4) kitchen (7) laundry (4) Lost (11) low-fat (4) make your own (1) martha stewart (1) maternity (2) mens clothing (1) models (1) music (4) music class (1) nate berkus (1) natural (2) new jersey (1) newspapers (1) nursery (1) office supplies (1) parenting (1) party planning (1) pennsylvania (2) personalized (3) Pets (2) Philadelphia (2) photobooks (1) plastic surgery (1) play places (1) PR (1) pregnant or fat? (1) press events (2) printing (2) pumpkins (1) ragu (1) Ramblings (47) recall (1) recipe (5) reviews (382) Rules (1) shoes (4) Skincare (4) snacks (4) software (1) spiritual (1) Sponsored (20) sports (1) stocking stuffers (1) summer (2) Summer Essentials (24) sushi (1) sweet breads (1) swimwear (1) Tassimo (1) technology (1) theme parks (2) toddler (25) toddler eating (2) toys (12) travel (1) traveling with children (2) undergarments (1) unilever (1) V-Day (1) video-editing (1) vitamins (1) w/w (22) water (1) weeds (2) Winners (10) WinningStyle (13) women (1) women's accessories (1) women's gifts (1) womens clothing (4) wordless wednesday (8) wordpress (1) yo gabba gabba (1) zoo (2)

Search This Blog

 
Blog Design by April Showers