PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Capresso CoffeeTEAM GS - Review


Before owning the Capresso Coffee Team GS, I would pour my whole beans into my grinder, insert a filter into my coffee maker, then dump the grinds in.  There's nothing better than a pot of coffee made with freshly ground beans, but having to grind them in a separate container was messy.  On almost every occassion, the beans or grinds would get spilled in the process, either on the counters, onto the coffee maker or on the kitchen floor.

The Capresso Coffee Team GS is the first coffee maker / grinder combination machine with a conical burr grinder and direct feed technology.  All you have to do is pour in the beans, program the time and the amount of coffee you'd like and the machine takes over from there.  There are a number of fancy settings to truly customize your cup o' Joe so that you can get it just right.  As I was reading through the pamphlet, I learned that over-grinding can actually take flavor from your coffee, which is why Capresso uses solid steel conical burrs which grind for a precise amount of time - preserving flavor.

Before I had this machine, I was not able to program my pot of coffee the night before.  That is, unless I wanted to grind the beans the night before and have the grinds sitting there for 8+ hours waiting to be brewed.  Now I can program the machine to make the exact amount of coffee I need, ready for me first thing in the morning as I step into the kitchen and as fresh as can be.

The coffee bean container holds enough beans for 2 pots of coffee, saving you time and the hassle of having to refill each time you need a pot.  This really came in handy for me today when we had guests over for Emma's first birthday party.  We had over 50 people, so needless to say I needed to make more than one pot.  The only thing I had to do to brew a second pot was to fill the machine with more water, and the Capresso handled the rest!  It may sound like something small, but when there are 50 people in your home it can be a quite chaotic, and the Capresso Coffee Team GS was a lifesaver!  In fact, when my mother-in-law first came over to me to deliver the message that people were asking about coffee, I smiled and said, "It's making itself right now."

Another fact you might like to know is that the Capresso Coffee Team GS does not require the use of paper filters.  It comes equipped with a gold tone filter, so you just dump your grinds and rinse the filter out when you're done!  Now, what to do with all of those filters I had stockpiled?  I hear they work well for draining yogurt! 

It's a beautiful looking coffee machine, too.  Just look at it! I'm so proud to have it in my kitchen, and I'm thankful that it keeps things a bit tidier and more efficient around here. Couldn't we all use that?

BUY IT!  The Capresso CoffeeTEAM GS sells for $189.99, buy one here.

This post was not paid for.  Capresso sent me the CoffeeTEAM GS and I provided my honest opinion.  I'm loving it, and I know you will too.  Thanks to Capresso for this review opportunity, and for making my life easier!

0 fabulous remarks!:

Post a Comment

Affiliates

Special Events

z

Blog Roll

Mama Must Have It
Baby Shower Event @ Raising My 5 Sons
Girls' Lunch Out
Jolly Mom
Photobucket

Topics

about (1) accessories (11) advertising (1) art (1) articles (8) baby (3) baby gear (5) backtoschool (4) bags (3) baking (2) baseball (1) basil (1) bath products (1) beach (1) beauty (6) birthday parties (1) blogger events (6) blogging (2) blogher (1) books (9) budget-friendly (1) business (1) cards (1) casserole (1) casual dining (2) celebrities (1) children's books (4) children's shoes (1) cleaning (4) clothing (15) coffee (5) concerts and events (1) confections (1) cooking (8) coupons (21) crafts (1) cranberry (1) decorating (2) diapering (2) dining (1) dogs (1) dolls (2) dvd (3) ecofriendly (5) electronics (1) entertainment (26) events (1) fairtrade (1) fallforfashion (14) family fun (1) family-friendly (2) fashion (2) flowers (1) food (23) food labeling (1) for kids (1) freebies (17) fun places for kids (1) furniture (2) gadgets (1) games (1) gardening (3) gear (1) GGMholidayguide (7) gifts (14) girls (1) giveaways (25) goat (1) grilling (1) grooming (1) guest bloggers (5) halloween (2) health (7) healthy (4) home movies (1) household (5) how-to (1) hygiene (1) jeans (2) jewelry (1) kids (4) kids apparel (3) kids gifts (1) kids music (2) kids shoes (4) kitchen (7) laundry (4) Lost (11) low-fat (4) make your own (1) martha stewart (1) maternity (2) mens clothing (1) models (1) music (4) music class (1) nate berkus (1) natural (2) new jersey (1) newspapers (1) nursery (1) office supplies (1) parenting (1) party planning (1) pennsylvania (2) personalized (3) Pets (2) Philadelphia (2) photobooks (1) plastic surgery (1) play places (1) PR (1) pregnant or fat? (1) press events (2) printing (2) pumpkins (1) ragu (1) Ramblings (47) recall (1) recipe (5) reviews (382) Rules (1) shoes (4) Skincare (4) snacks (4) software (1) spiritual (1) Sponsored (20) sports (1) stocking stuffers (1) summer (2) Summer Essentials (24) sushi (1) sweet breads (1) swimwear (1) Tassimo (1) technology (1) theme parks (2) toddler (25) toddler eating (2) toys (12) travel (1) traveling with children (2) undergarments (1) unilever (1) V-Day (1) video-editing (1) vitamins (1) w/w (22) water (1) weeds (2) Winners (10) WinningStyle (13) women (1) women's accessories (1) women's gifts (1) womens clothing (4) wordless wednesday (8) wordpress (1) yo gabba gabba (1) zoo (2)

Search This Blog

 
Blog Design by April Showers