PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, March 5, 2010

Great Apps for the Palm Pre Plus

If a few months ago someone wanted to tell me about an app I need to try I'd think I was getting restaurant recommendations.  Even when I did start hearing about iPhone applications, I wasn't sure if they were limited to that phone.

In fact, until a few days ago, I hadn't realized that there were so many helpful apps available on the Palm Pre Plus.  I haven't had a heck of a lot of time to play around, until today.  

This morning I downloaded a few apps - most of them completely free.  Here are a few of my favorites.
  1. Feeds Free - As someone who relies heavily on google reader to keep a pulse on the blogosphere around me, this is an essential app, and as the name says, it's free!
  2. Where - This is where you get all of your local information, from news and weather to coupon offers, traffic and movie schedules.  This just may be my favorite application
  3. Coin Flip - Now this is going to help me and my indecisiveness and it will cut a lot of arguments short.  Can't decide?  Let's flip the virtual coin!  You can even see it flipping through the air.  So freaking cool!
  4. Flixter - Look up box office movies and watch the trailers on your way to the movie theatre.  Look up showtimes too.  I love it!
  5. Simple Bible - Download your bible, and read it even when you can't get a signal.  Hopefully I'll do this more often that just during bumpy flights.  :)
  6. Small Wonders - This was the only one I paid for.  I think it was $.99. It's a flashcard style program where Emma can learn shapes, colors, animals and more.  She loves it!
There are so many others, but you don't have all day.  I am an app-junkie, and I'm loving my Palm Pre Plus!

No compensation was received for this post.  I did receive a Palm Pre Plus 3G smartphone and one month of service from Verizon, to facilitate my candid review.  I hope you find it to be helpful.

1 comment:

  1. wow! i threw the small wonders app together for my 9 month old son (who loves it as well!). glad emma enjoys it, and hopefully the sound volume will be improved soon. thanks for the mention, and follow me on twitter @shanerooni if you'd like to test apps for me before they are published (or you have a mommy pre/pixi network that'd like to join). thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

Affiliates

Special Events

z

Blog Roll

Mama Must Have It
Baby Shower Event @ Raising My 5 Sons
Girls' Lunch Out
Jolly Mom
Photobucket

Topics

about (1) accessories (11) advertising (1) art (1) articles (8) baby (3) baby gear (5) backtoschool (4) bags (3) baking (2) baseball (1) basil (1) bath products (1) beach (1) beauty (6) birthday parties (1) blogger events (6) blogging (2) blogher (1) books (9) budget-friendly (1) business (1) cards (1) casserole (1) casual dining (2) celebrities (1) children's books (4) children's shoes (1) cleaning (4) clothing (15) coffee (5) concerts and events (1) confections (1) cooking (8) coupons (21) crafts (1) cranberry (1) decorating (2) diapering (2) dining (1) dogs (1) dolls (2) dvd (3) ecofriendly (5) electronics (1) entertainment (26) events (1) fairtrade (1) fallforfashion (14) family fun (1) family-friendly (2) fashion (2) flowers (1) food (23) food labeling (1) for kids (1) freebies (17) fun places for kids (1) furniture (2) gadgets (1) games (1) gardening (3) gear (1) GGMholidayguide (7) gifts (14) girls (1) giveaways (25) goat (1) grilling (1) grooming (1) guest bloggers (5) halloween (2) health (7) healthy (4) home movies (1) household (5) how-to (1) hygiene (1) jeans (2) jewelry (1) kids (4) kids apparel (3) kids gifts (1) kids music (2) kids shoes (4) kitchen (7) laundry (4) Lost (11) low-fat (4) make your own (1) martha stewart (1) maternity (2) mens clothing (1) models (1) music (4) music class (1) nate berkus (1) natural (2) new jersey (1) newspapers (1) nursery (1) office supplies (1) parenting (1) party planning (1) pennsylvania (2) personalized (3) Pets (2) Philadelphia (2) photobooks (1) plastic surgery (1) play places (1) PR (1) pregnant or fat? (1) press events (2) printing (2) pumpkins (1) ragu (1) Ramblings (47) recall (1) recipe (5) reviews (382) Rules (1) shoes (4) Skincare (4) snacks (4) software (1) spiritual (1) Sponsored (20) sports (1) stocking stuffers (1) summer (2) Summer Essentials (24) sushi (1) sweet breads (1) swimwear (1) Tassimo (1) technology (1) theme parks (2) toddler (25) toddler eating (2) toys (12) travel (1) traveling with children (2) undergarments (1) unilever (1) V-Day (1) video-editing (1) vitamins (1) w/w (22) water (1) weeds (2) Winners (10) WinningStyle (13) women (1) women's accessories (1) women's gifts (1) womens clothing (4) wordless wednesday (8) wordpress (1) yo gabba gabba (1) zoo (2)

Search This Blog

 
Blog Design by April Showers